Monday, June 27, 2011
April's Chocolate Chip Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
She is super inspirational. You can find out more about what she is up to on her website: http://carrotcreekurbanfarm.wordpress.com/
I think you will find her cookie recipe simply amazing, just like her.
April's Chocolate Oatmeal Coconut Cookies
I use organic ingredients to make our cookies...there is nothing better than Cocoa Camino Organic Chocolate Chips and their Organic Flaked Coconut! The directions are directly from April- so simple!
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup cane sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
2 1/2 cups quick oats
salt? Maybe a pinch if you are using unsalted butter?
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup flaked coconut
1. Cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs, vanilla.
2. Mix flour oats salt baking soda and powder. Place small amounts in blender and powder (we don't do this but it does make neat cookie).
3. Add flour mix to butter mix. Then chips.
4. Bake 375 degrees F for around 10-12 minutes. Super yumm.
5. My friend used the top rack; we use the middle. (I used the middle too...totally fine but I baked mine for about 10 minutes).
Really Coco-nutty Cookies (the coconut oil version!):
Substitute coconut oil for butter. Melt it slightly to soften it. Reduce oats to 1 3/4 cups. Proceed as above.