Family style roasted potatoes?
Perfection in a pan?
This could be served with a barbequed meal, with a rotisserie chicken, with the greek bean soup fassolada, with a hearty green salad, or on its own. It could be an appetizer with pre-dinner cocktails. The possibilities are endless.
It can be served in the centre of the table with everyone digging in with forks or fondue spears.
It is best straight from the oven- warm and fragrant with salty brine, rosemary and lemon wafting through the house.
Dig in, my friends. Dig in.
Roasted Rosemary Potatoes with Baked Feta and Warm Olives
Serves about 6 as a side dish
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. On a parchment-lined baking sheet, toss together:
2 1/2 lbs red or yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 6 wedges each
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp finely fresh rosemary, minced or 1 tsp dried rosemary, crumbled
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tap fresh ground pepper
3. When adequately tossed with herb and spice, bake in oven for 30 minutes, tossing potatoes once or twice during that time until edges are crispy and golden.
4. Remove from oven, add:
Juice of 1 large lemon
Large handful of the best olives you can find (about 100 grams of Castlevetrano or other large green olive are my favourite)
5. Bake for 10 more minutes.
1 cup crumbled feta
7. Bake 5 more minutes until feta begins to soften and brown. Serve immediately.