Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Pear Maple Muffins
I've looked through nearly all my cookbooks and most of the ones at my local library looking for pear recipes. I'm finding that pear recipes are few and far between. I have no idea why because pears are delicious and fragrant.
I'm on a mission to find some new and lovely uses for these pears but in the meantime I started with something that my kids will love...
2 pears, peeled and grated
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used grapeseed)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 cups unbleached flour (or up to 1/2 whole wheat)
1 tbsp baking powder
1/8 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix together grated pears, oil, eggs, syrup and sugar in a small bowl.
3. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir to combine.
5. Pour into lined muffin tins and bake for approximately 18 minutes for large muffins.
6. Melt butter and syrup together and brush liberally over muffins when removed from the oven.